From:
Star Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 08:36:17 +0100
*Please RSVP to: [log in to unmask] , thank you!*

Dear DEMHIST members and friends,

We are nearing the time when Dr. Wim Jacobs of the Netherlands Institute for
Cultural Heritage and I need to establish the number and size of rooms for
the 2002 DEMHIST conference in Amsterdam from the 14th to the 16th of
October, 2002.

For those of you who are new to our communication lists, the theme will be
"The Historic House Museum as an Important Witness of National and Local
Identities." Voting members of DEMHIST are invited to submit proposals for
talks and workshops relating to the conference's theme by 17 May 2002. For
more information, and for information on how to become a voting member of
DEMHIST, please contact us at: [log in to unmask]

For all of you, everyone is invited to attend the conference.
Would you be so kind as to send us a quick RSVP by Friday, 8
March, stating whether or not, even tentatively, you plan to attend the
conference? It would help us a lot in our room planning, and would be very
much appreciated.

Of course, if you do not manage to give us a tentative answer by the 8th,
you still are very welcome to attend! We will be in touch with you all
later, as the program matures.

Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam in 2002. Best
regards,

Rosanna Pavoni
Secretary-Treasurer and President Pro-Tempore
DEMHIST-ICOM's International Committee for Historic House Museums

P.S. please note that the Acts for the DEMHIST 2000 conference which
took place in Genova with the theme, "Historic House Museums Speak to the
Public: Spectacular Exhibits vs.a Philological Interpretation of History,"
are available for Euro 13.0 plus postage, handling, and bank costs. The Acts
for the Barcelona conference are forthcoming.  Please contact us for further
details.