Sarah Krans <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:06:28 -0400
I think that it also depends on the courses required.  I just finished a
grad cert in Historic Preservation (but from a 4-year school that has an
M.S. in HP).  We have to take architecture classes, a general HP class,
and 3 other HP electives (heritage interp, admin, conservation,
planning, pres law, archaeology, etc.  ).    I would also recommend
looking into what kind of networking, research, and field experience
opportunities the program can help you with.

Sleep well. . .to eat little, work hard, and have many concerns on our
mind and then refuse to let our body sleep is to try to get a great deal
of work out of a poor, emaciated horse without letting him graze. - de
Sales

-----Original Message-----
From: Museum discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Tracy Sullivan
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 1:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Certificate from a community college worth it?

I think a lot of it depends on the program, the faculty, etc. Have you
tried speaking to people who have gone through the program?

Also, you might want to try a place like the University of Delaware --
they have some MA programs in history, decorative arts, museum studies,
etc. that you might be interested in, and it's not all that far from
Bucks County.

Hope that helps.
Tracy

--