From:
Summer Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:57:35 -0800
John,

        If relatively small size isn't a problem, Carolina sells UV Enclosures
(black plastic molded boxes about 12"x24" complete with "hand holes" and a
tilted viewing hole) that coordinate with their short/long wave UV lamps.
Check their website (http://www.carolina.com) for more detail; the product
numbers are WW-GEO9609 and WW-GEO9607.  They run about $170.  I let children
view UV-reactive rocks in the boxes, and they love being able to reach in.
I love that their eyes are sheilded by the shape of the view box.  If
touching is a no-no, the "hand holes" can be covered.
        Also, you might consider building one as large as you like -- as long as
the viewing hole is angled down and away from the lamp.

UV is groovy,
Summer
Summer N. Smith
School/Public Programs