From:
Elizabeth Walton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 13:05:35 -0500
If only I still lived there...  I suggest contacting history or museum
studies departments, etc. at NYU, columbia or one of the other many
colleges around there. Most have job boards and have students looking for
part time work, especially with flexible hours. students are cheap, have
time and want the resume filler. Look at how many are on these boards
looking for experience. :) I was always looking for work like that in grad
school and undergrad.

Elizabeth Walton
www.clotheslinejournal.com

At 12:06 PM 4/2/02 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm seeking someone to perform some simple city directory research in the
>early NYC city directories for collection documentation purposes.  Any
>suggestions for finding a willing party? The NYPL's standard fee schedule
>is beyond my budget.
>
>Jon N. Austin, Director
>Museum of Funeral Customs
>1440 Monument Avenue
>Springfield, Illinois   62702
>
>217-544-3480
>217-544-3484 (fax)
>
>The Museum operates under the auspices of the Illinois Funeral Directors
>Association and the Illinois Funeral Service Foundation, a 501 (c) 3
>non-profit corporation.

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).