From:
Elizabeth Luchsinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 09:41:15 -0400
Maybe the answer is a combination of all these theories: people a little bit
shorter (on average), a question of economics (only applicable in some
situations) and also people believing that sleeping in a semi-sitting
position is better for one's health. The answer doesn't necessarily have to
be one factor.

Elizabeth L.