From:
Wendy Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:47:57 -0500
A theatre department colleague of mine is interested in finding paintings
by the Swiss-American artist who used the name "Otto Botto" (Otto Banz, 1899-1967).
He did paintings in oil and gouache, and had a special interest in circus
subjects and floral still life.  He showed in NYC between the 1930s and
1960s, and was a founding member of the Federation of Modern Painters and
Sculptors (NYC) and a member of the faculty of the Brooklyn Museum School
of Art.  There are some documents relating to his life and work in the
Archives of American Art which my colleague has already checked into.

If anyone has further information about the artist or the current
whereabouts of work by him, please contact me and I will forward the
information along to him.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Wendy Watson
Curator