From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 11:37:54 -0800
It has seemed to me for some time that we, in the
Museums Community, need a place to record
announcements about conferences, workshops, training,
etc.  While they are published to the list, sometimes
they're harder to dig out in the archives.  But if you
had a place where just those types of announcements
were published, it might make for readier reference.

I have been cross-posting job announcements that come
out on this list to MuseJobs
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MuseJobs ) and will try
to do the same with announcements I find in the future
here so that they are recorded on MuseAnnounce.  But
feel free to post to either forum yourself as a
secondary way of reaching a targeted audience.

In order to post or read announcements on
MuseAnnounce, go to:

I sometimes think that, when the announcement first
comes out, there's time left, and you may think, "Oh,
that's nice, maybe I'd like to go," but you put off
the decision and then later have a hard time pulling
up the info.  I think this may make a more convenient
portal.

By the way, I have left the attachments option open on
MuseAnnounce so that, if you have a flyer for your
event, you can either send it as an attachment, or, in
the alternative, you can upload it to the Files
section.  (Go to the home page above and select
Files.)

Hope this helps.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02