From:
Sean Kelleher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 03:58:54 -0800
Hello

I am working with a community writing a grant and I
find that we are in the need of an Interior Designer
for a Visitor Center.

I am working with a Village Visitor Center that is
relatively new.  The physical space is small.  It
currently has a variety of poorly refurbished display
cases and a number of interpertive themes.  I guess
you can describe it as your typical community museum.

We are applying for (and I think have a good chance at
getting) a state grant to pay for interpertive
exhibits - diarama and signage interperting one of the
themes.  We would like to take advantage of this
opportunity to improve the entire Visitor Center.
Issue include common display elements, traffic flows,
and using the space efficiently.

We are looking for lessons learned by others and any
recommendations for consultants or project managers
who are willing to work in the Saratoga Springs area
of New York.

Thank you for your assistance.

Sean Kelleher

Center for Heritage Education and Tourism