From:
Beth Tischler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:24:25 EST
Although I am pleased a Hall of Achievers will not be included in the museum, i think that the new wave of superstars is a part of American History. Martha Stewart has had a huge part in making it acceptable for women to enjoy "nesting" again. Yes, she's made millions from it, but do not hate her because she's rich. (this is the capitalist mecca, after all) She goes overboard sometimes, but by asking us to grow our own potatoes to make a 6-potato salad, she is at least getting us to make the salad from scratch with store bought russet potatoes, and enjoy the simpler pleasures again. She, along with the crop of celebrity chefs, have made a great impact.
beth