From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:17:37 -0500
Here are several sites for positions:
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414 (Indigo's Site with links to
great career listings); Global Museum.com (Roger Smith's informative site
where we also list our positions); and our site: www.artstaffing.com, where
we also have links to other career sites.  There are many other resources at
your fingertips, literally.  A little research and working at it daily goes
a long way.  Again, I can't stress enough the power of networking and
focusing and articulating what you want to do and what service you can
provide this industry.  Make a list of everyone you know; tell them you are
looking for a museum/art job.  Then make a list of everyone you know working
in the arts.  See them; take them to breakfast, coffee, lunch or for a
drink.  Tell them you are looking for a museum/art job doing whatever it is
you want to do.  Ask them to refer you to someone.  Step by step, build your
network.  Remember also to give back -- refer someone to them, do them a
service, thank them.  Cheers!

Geri Thomas, President
Thomas & Associates, Inc.
www.artstaffing.com