From:
Kristen Harbeson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:07:42 EST
Whoa. I didn't look at the list for three weeks and the torrents that I have
missed! Clearly not reading my list-mail each day is just *not* going to cut
it!

In earnest, I have suggestions for two of the three questions posted by
Indigo/Gayle (I've known you as Indigo for so long, now, it's hard to think
of you with a different name!)

Question 2: One of the best questions for an interview that I have ever found
is what the long term goals are of the organization. This indicates to the
interviewer that you have a potential interest in staying for the long haul
(always an attractive quality in an employee). More importantly, however, it
also gives you an idea of how dynamic the organization is, whether they have
a long-range plan, and provides an indication of whether the goals of the
organization are compatible with your own goals and visions.  I struck upon
this question by mistake years ago, and have used it with my job searching
ever since. It is infallibly a provocative question and has always provided u
seful information.

Question 3: As to where the hotspots are, I have a feeling that it is a
little like asking what baseball team to root for -- everyone is going to
speak very convincingly about their own hometown team. That being the case, I
have to speak worlds for Baltimore, which has a very dynamic museum community
of its own with the added perk of being close to Washington and Philadelphia,
and within reasonable proximity of New York City.  Although most people know
Baltimore most for its high murder rate (popularized by Homicide: Life on the
Street) it is, in fact, a delightful, vibrant and revitalizing city. Look
into it.

Back to lurking for now.

Best to all.

Kristen