From:
Lana Newhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:00:33 -0500
Katherine-

Check with the Arizona State Attorney General (or whoever prosecutes state law) or go to your local library and check the most recent state statute books.  Ask about or look under abandoned property and museums, also, try "found in collections" to see what the State's definitions for each is and what they require.  Try the web too.  Indiana's state attorney general has a website which I can actually e-mail in my question.  They are pretty prompt with the answers.

Also, Check out the regional museum group that Arizona is a part of and contact them for the chair of their registrar committee.  Contact that person and ask them for the name of a veteran Arizona registrar/collections manager who can help you out with state laws.

Lana Newhart-Kellen
Registrar
Conner Prairie Museum
Fishers IN

>>> [log in to unmask] 02/13/02 05:35PM >>>
Does anyone out there have any recent experience establishing title to
undocumented/unclaimed property in your collections, specifically in
Arizona? I am new to the state and am uncertain if the information I have
about how to do this is current. I tried a Google search, but came up with
what seem to be 2 conflicting versions of Title 44, the law pertaining to
this issue.

Any help or leads you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks.

Katherine H. Child
Collections Manager
Phoenix Museum of History
105 N. 5th Street