From:
Ryo Yasui <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:48:50 -0500
Best wishes for a Lunar New Year  from Tokyo!

While everybody is sticked to the TV for the Olympic games in Salt Lake
City,
perhaps it is good to remember that today is for the New Year in the lunar
calendar at the East.

On last Saturday night, I received an unexpected file from a stranger via
the web.
The naughty digital worm 'HYBRIS' was hiding inside the attachment and by
mistake i opened it.
As you can imagine, it caused Yours Truly a critical bash-up which forced
me to restore the PC.

Big Joke !

Well, anyway this allowed Yours Truly to do a clean-up of the surroundings
and personal possessions
just like most of us in Japan do at the end of every December.
So, restoring the PC just like a brand new one was one of these things i
had to do by chance.

Thanks to Robert M. Pirsig's super work 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance: an inquiry into values', I was able to keep cool in doing the
task of recovering the whole bloody gear. (ref.:
http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~ciochett/lit/zen.html)

As for the closing, please accpet my best wishes for another super year and
WATCH-OUT ! for the bloody worms and virus invading your PC from the web !

Yours truly,

Ryo

YASUI R. (Mr.)
Lecturer in Museum Studies