From:
"Bade, Mary - DVA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:59:50 -0600
I am interested in this also...if you respond off-list, please include me in
your response.

Thanks much -
Mary J. Bade
Curator of Exhibits & Collections Management
Wisconsin Veterans Museum

Michelle Gallagher wrote:
Recently a question has arisen in my institution regarding access to
collections that are not currently on exhibit. We have a collections access
policy but no formalized written procedures. I was wondering what other
museums do and if anyone would be willing to share your written procedures &
policies with me. What I am really concerned with is:(1) Who in your
institution does what?(2) What type of documentation occurs?(3) What
guidlines do you use to allow people into your collections?(4) Would you
ever allow an outside researcher into your collection vaults/rooms? Thank
you in advance. You can contact me off-list if you prefer. Michelle
Gallagher, Collections ManagerPalm Springs Desert
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>www.psmuseum.org <http://www.psmuseum.org/>