From:
michele jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 15:17:30 +0000
Dear list, Thank you to those that replied to me both on and off the list
concerning Controversial exhibitions. it certainly provided me with lots of
different ideas Today  I thought I would try the list again since I am sort
of stuck.

I am currently working on another project that looks at cultural diversity
and the arts, I am particularly interested in how the Suriname, Moroccan,
Indonesian and Turkish community celebrate and remember their own culture in
their host land and what ties might they still have with their mother
country. For instance, does the Turkish community set up specific festivals,
and how are these sponsored. are suriname artists sponsored to work in The
Netherlands, and if so how?

Though there seems to be a vast amount of literature on cultural diversity,
most of the literature that I have come across concentrates on how
established institutions should change and be more accessible to a larger
audience. i am however interested in hearing how communities have set up
their own cultural institutions and how they celebrate their cultural
heritage...
Thanks once again
Michèle
Amsterdam the Netherlands