From:
Tom Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:15:05 -0900
Hot glue works very well, but remember to keep the glue as hot as you can as
it will cool very quickly and you may have to reglue portions.  Spray-glues
also work well enough, but you have to give them adequate drying and
off-gassing time if they're to be in proximity to objects of value.  If you
use a water based cement, you can accelerate the drying time by using a blow
dryer on it until it's tacky, which doesn't take long.

Finally, you can us a commercial type hot air gun to heat the surfaces
enough to melt them slightly, then smash them together for a permanent hold.
This takes a little practice.  I've also used a propane torch for heating
the surfaces, but this really takes practice as the heat is so great it can
melt deeply.

Hope this is of some help!
Tom Bennett
Exhibit Support, AK