From:
Lori Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:20:02 -0600
John,
I think you are correct with your observation about English vs. American,
however I think the difference is purely linguistic/cultural, and not
indicative of what the course work is based upon.  For example, my "museum
studies" courses over the  last year have been almost exclusively
theoretical.  Highly so, in fact, borrowing from anthropology, sociology and
organizational theory.  Even my "History Curatorship" class which as a
project for practical application, is mostly concerned with the theoretical
aspects of exhibition and curatorship.  And as for "educational", education
theory will be studied next year's courses.

Lori Allen,
Graduate Student, UMSL

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
                                  - Anonymous