Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:57:13 -0600
Hello Jamilyn,
My name is Mary Buchaklian, an educator for the Milwaukee Public Museum.
Our education department has on many occasions developed "Backpacks" for
temporary and permanant exhibits.
What works best:
* fewer words to read
*simple directions of where to go next
*objects to feel, touch, compare to the exhibit
*reservations only, but always free
*identification upon passing out (drivers license)
What is most important is that someone explains what they are to do. This
only works with a volunteer to help them in the beginning. It can't run on
its own.

I'm hoping this helps you. Please call me because this is just thoughts at
this moment. I'll tell you the many experiences with visitors that helped us
to improve them.

Mary Buchaklian
Educator
1-414-278-6148