From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:58:30 -0800
I read Deb's post on compromise.

First, let me be clear, I will not compromise the
mentorees.  Each will get his/her own day.  There are
two per day, five days per week, and I have been true
to my word that I would use a consistent header.  Any
who take exception to that thread can simply filter.

With respect to the NY Times, however, I am
willing--at least for a few days--to take a different
approach:

o  Instead of posting full text, I will post one email
for the NY Times only that has the consistent subject
line "NYT ARTICLES:" followed by the date of
publication.

o  I will not post full text.  I will either use the
excerpt from the newsletter I receive and/or the title
of the document along with the link.

o  Because I am not posting full text, those who have
difficulty accessing web sites from their computer may
be left out.

o  Those who fail to access the articles from the NYT
within 7 days of publication will have to pay a fee to
retrieve them from the Times archives.

o  The text will not be in our archives for research
purposes.

o  Please do not ask me to violate copyright and
privately ship you a copy after I have deleted the
article from my files.

o  In the interests of fairness, I will not hold
articles from all publications I read for the day or
even the week.  I didn't set out to publish a
newsletter, and to have to hold them back basically
violates the tenets of Managing Management Time.

o  If, after a period of time, this methodology proves
ineffective for me or the list, I reserve the right to
revert to the prior methodology, and those who take
exception can simply filter.  The NY Times articles
are consistent in their headers in the archives.

With those as the simple caveats, here are today's
articles of interest:

Out of the Rubble,
Artifacts of Anguish Saved for Posterity

"Your house is burning down, you run back in, what do
you save? You're just not trained to do that, so you
go
by your instincts."
-BARTHOLOMEW VOORSANGER, an architect, on remnants
collected from the World Trade Center.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/27/nyregion/27STEE.html?todaysheadlines

Quiet, Please. This Is a Library After All.

A modernized library presents Lincoln Center with
acoustical problems of a new sort: noise.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/27/arts/music/27HORO.html?todaysheadlines

When Japan Tried On the Modernist Mantle

An exhibit at the Honolulu  Academy of Arts looks at a
heady period in Japan's long history of borrowing
from, and refining, Western culture.
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/01/27/arts/design/27GOME.html?todaysheadlines

=====
Indigo Nights