From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 17:13:22 -0800
And I am breaking my self-imposed silence to first
congratulate these two wise young women and to advise
you what another neophyte, a middle-aged woman making
a career change into the field, reminded me last
night.

The list is forever telling the young people to be
careful about what they say on list because future
employers may be watching.

We are in a recession.  Though the NY Times is
reporting a slight upswing in the economy, jobs are
not, however, on the rise.  Most who have been here a
bit have have read the lamentations concerning budget
cuts, low attendance, and seasoned professionals being
furloughed out the door.

Some who have expressed condecension to the job
seekers would be wise to remember their own advice of
being careful what is communicated in such a forum,
for they might find themselves in need of future
employers, some of whom may be the very young people
they have attacked.

Age may bring experience, but it is not guarantee of
wisdom.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: