From:
Terry Andre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:05:10 -0800
Hi,

We are a small museum in Southeastern Washington.  We have established a
rapport with the local home school community and encourage them to take
advantage of the museum programs.  Items are sent to the local home school
newsletter, flyers are posted at libraries (where h.s. frequently meet) and
we have been participating in the Regional Home School Curriculum Fair for
the past several years.  We have had a booth of museum shop items for sale,
distributed educational materials and conducted a workshop titled " Making
the Most of Your Museum" along with the Three Rivers Childrens Museum.

We have enjoyed our relationship with the home school families, many of the
children are gifted and talented and are not afraid to ask questions.  They
also tend to be very curious and need to be specifically told about the
expectations during a museum visit (for example:  what items may not be
touched).  Another challenge is the wide variety of ages that attend
programs.

To receive a price break, we have set a minimum of 10 people for our
extended visit programs.

Hope this helps.

Terry

www.crehst.org