From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 04:00:37 -0800
TYPE OF MENTOR SOUGHT:

Someone in an exhibitions department of a
cultural/historical museum

AND/OR

Someone who can help me figure out the resources to
pursue additional education while still having to hold
a job

AND/OR

Someone in the New York area

CONTACT SHERYL BY EMAIL AT:

MEET SHERYL WOODRUFF

I work at the Museum of Television & Radio in New York
City.  It is my first "professional" museum job. I
have been here for a year and a half.

I currently work in the curatorial department as a
"curatorial assistant" for one of the television
curators.  I started in the registrar and then moved
to the cataloging department. (These two positions are
really collections management work.)  In the
curatorial department, I write copy for screening
descriptions and brochures; devise and help shape
exhibitions, screenings, and public programs; and make
acquisitions.

I have a BA in Literature and a background in
education.  I have an MA in American History -- with
some classwork in archival management.

I've worked as a guide in a historic house and
interned at the Connecticut Historical Society.

My ultimate goal is to do exhibition development in a
cultural/history museum.

I've considered going back to school for a museum
studies certificate -- but for monetary reasons --
have put that idea on hold.  I've taken to buying
museum studies books on my own and coming up with my
own projects.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. What a great
thing it would be to have a mentor.

Best,

Sheryl Woodruff

=====