From:
"Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 10:38:12 -0700
We don't have a large number of images in our databases, but haven't had
a problem as yet.

Putting accession numbers in a text field (with appropriate additions of
leading zeros, etc., for sorting purposes) rather than a number field
works well for relational purposes.

We have a small database (bird collection) accessible through the web
(129.108.169.224) on weekdays from about 8 am to 6 pm and in afternoons
on the weekends.  This is the limited number of accesses during any 24-h
period version, which works for the amount of traffic we normally get.
The "server" is one of our PCs.  We also have several passworded
databases allowing various staff members to work at a distance.