From:
Chelsea Pickslay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 11:13:25 -0800
For those of you in the Northern California region, please join us at the
upcoming Cultural Connections Meeting on December 12. Details Follow:

  ******************

Feast of Ideas:
Marketing Materials for Programs and Events
Wednesday, December 12, 2001, 2:30-5:00 p.m.
Hiller Aviation Museum

Are you looking for new ways to market your school and public programs?
Would you like to hear from the horse's mouth what kinds of promotion
appeals to teachers? This Feast of Ideas will showcase effective tools and
methods in use around the Bay Area. You are invited to bring your materials
to present in this informal "show and tell" format. In addition to
materials you are proud of, feel free to bring materials you think need
improvement or works in progress that can benefit from group brainstorming.
To present, please contact Deborah Clearwaters at (415) 379-8895 or

The program will begin with a short presentation of best practices in
developing marketing materials and a marketing strategy by Jeff Byers,
Membership Director at the Asian Art Museum. Teachers will be on hand to
offer helpful critiques of materials.

Program
1:30-2:15           Optional Tour of Hiller Aviation Museum exhibits,
featuring Anakin
           Skywalker's Podracer from Star Wars Episode 1.
2:00-2:30 Arrival/Set up Presenter Tables/Check-in
2:30-2:40 Welcome/Announcements
2:40-2:55 Best Practices by Jeff Byers
3:00-4:30      Feast of Ideas (viewing materials on display, networking,
refreshments)
4:40-5:00 Wrap Up/Discussion

Program Fee    Free for Cultural Connections members
           $10 for non-members

Inquiries 415/430-2169, ext. 5733

Location  The Hiller Aviation Museum at San Carlos Airport
           601 Skyway Road, San Carlos, CA 94070
           Phone:  (650) 654-0200, E-mail: [log in to unmask]
           http://www.hiller.org

Directions
>From San Francisco: Take Hwy 101 south to Holly Street/Redwood Shores Pkwy
exit. Go east onto Redwood Shores Pkwy. Turn right onto Airport Road. Turn
right onto Skyway Road.

>From San Jose: Take Hwy 101 north to Holly Street/Redwood Shores Pkwy exit.
Go east onto Redwood Shores Pkwy. Turn right onto Airport Road. Turn right
onto Skyway Road.

By Train: Walk from San Carlos Caltrain Station to Hiller Aviation Museum
is about 1 mile. Walk along the station generally northward toward SF
(parallel to the tracks). Turn Right at Holly Street and continue eastward
crossing over Hwy 101 (you can see the museum on your right from the
overcrossing). Turn right at Airport Road and continue right onto Skyway
Road to the museum. http://www.caltrain.org/caltrain/index.html

By Bus: SamTrans: Take any bus to the San Carlos stop (very near the
CalTrain train station) and follow the directions listed above for train
users. http://www.caltrain.org/samtrans/index.html

Mark your calendar for our upcoming program:
Wednesday, February 12, 2002
Discovering Discovery Rooms at the Chabot Science Center
--
Chelsea Pickslay
Cultural Connections

Cultural Connections is a community of educators-from museums, zoos,
aquaria, parks, historical organizations and nature centers-who
inspire excellence and support progress in our individual and
collective educational work.

Please forward this to anyone who might be interested in this program
or future Cultural Connections events.  If you would like to be
removed from this mailing list, please reply to this email. Thank you.