From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 08:19:44 -0700
Wow!  What a question.  A simple search on the internet will find you all
types by putting in "Native American Indian museums".
There must be hundreds of such museums out there.  To start how about the
Warm Springs Museum, Warm Springs, Oregon, then there is the tribal museum
in Pendleton, Oregon.  The Yakima Nation also has a museum near Yakima
(Toppinish?) Washington.  What about the
primeo of them all --- The American Indian Museum in Washington DC?

And what about the Native American museum in Vancouver, B.C. at the
University of BC?,  an excellent museum on totem poles, masks, carvings,
etc.  Do you want to include those type?  I know of numerous museums who
also have excellent collections such as the Maryhill Museum (Washington) in
the Columbia Gorge has an excellent Indian collection of baskets.  I've seen
some excellent pottery collections in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Of course, to save time you may want to look at
http://indian.monterey.edu/sbsc/sbsc372/nmai/NAmuseums.html

Hope this helps.

Best,

John Martinson