From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:09:17 -0800
The lady on Animal Planet started hers for $25.  Not
bad considering the poster board is only a dollar or
so, and the paint is not very expensive (especially if
you buy it in bulk).

I came up with another idea while I was at lunch
between libraries.

We have a restaurant called Carl's Jr. here on the
West Coast of the US.  They've been doing a rather
effective commercial about chicken nuggets.  They have
people examining all parts of a chicken and trying to
figure out where the nuggets are.  Their contention is
that they don't use some artificial part--a la
MacDonalds, aka Mickey Ds--but the real deal.  The
commercials are quite funny.

Well, I happened to go to Carl's Jr. (for a burger,
the chickens can rest easier), and I saw a poster of
the chicken that reminded me of the ad.

Well, I got to thinking that, if you have McDonald's
in AU, Isabel, and the term Chicken Nuggets is used (I
know we speak a foreign language, LOL), you might have
a fund raiser called Chicken Nuggets.  In a small
cloth bag you could put little plastic fowl and some
words of wisdom about chickens (heck, I saw a picture
on MSNBC's This Week in Pictures site of an Afghan
girl with a pet chicken), some amazing information you
might have from the museum--like the largest chicken
ever, and ducks live to be, and geese down are used
in.  Many little pieces of trivia.

In addition, small children in the States like making
headbands and pretending to be Native Americans with
the war whoop and such.  You can't use most feathers
here in the states, but you could probably use chicken
feathers.  You could have a handdrawn stencil of a
headband the child could color/decorate, and then
include in that package a feather.  I realize
individually, you couldn't make a lot of money per
headband, but you might be able to make some money if
many purchased.  You might include pictures of native
peoples with feather adornments.

Still popcorning ideas!

Hope these help.

--- Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Tongue in cheek - " You could probably do the same
> thing with poultry.
> Ducks, geese, chickens would all make different
> marks"
>
> Yes Indigo, I expect the resulting artworks would
> definitely be impasto and
> multi sensory contributions. If this was the case
> they would surely raise a
> paltry sum !
>
> best wishes
> Roger

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414  Updated 02/14/02