From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:12:23 -0800
Just a reminder, there will be no mentoring posts on
Friday and Saturday, but, if you've already sent me
your info, don't worry, Monday commences a brand new
week and an opportunity to put forth two new
candidates.

If you have yet to send me your information, please do
so soon.  Read some of the others already posted (see
the FAQ in the Museums-list sigfile below and go to
the archives noted there for samples of what to send).

I hope we have already made some good matches and that
both sides of the museum experience--old and new--are
getting something of value from this thread.

And, for those of you on the side looking to be
mentored, just remember my personal philosophy:

           Each One Reach One
           Each One Teach One

If you are lucky enough to be mentored, remember there
are plenty of high schoolers and college students out
there who were as were you and could use a leg up.
Remember, when you give of yourself freely to others,
you get a lot more than you could have ever dreamed.

Contact your City Hall or School District to see if
they have a volunteer center.  Some of the high
schools, I'm confident, could use an occasional guest
lecturer from our field.

Further, I personally gained a lot by being a Junior
Achievement Advisor for two years (skipping a year in
between).  Though JA teaches about business, every
profession has its ties to business, and the skills
are transferrable.

Have a wonderful weekend!

=====
Indigo Nights