From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 02:13:56 -0800
TYPE OF MENTOR SOUGHT:
Someone with solid background in museums development
(fund raising, special events, membership, etc.)

AND/OR

Someone who can help sieve through the potential
career paths available in the museum field and help me
find one that is right for me

AND/OR

One who can guide me to appropriate training
opportunities for which I don't have to take time away
from work

AND/OR

One in the PA area

CONTACT HEATHER BY EMAIL AT:

MEET HEATHER WILEY

I have been doing fundraising for art non-profits for
about four years but still consider myself far from a
veteran.  Although I greatly enjoy fundraising,  I
don't wish to recall all the times that I wish someone
would have told me the proverbial wheel was invented
before I constructed a new one!

I have done Alumni Relations, Annual Giving,
Membership and Special Events.  Mostly, my strengths
seem to lie in creating these programs.

Presently, my focus is on special events and
membership.  My Director is exceptional and brilliant
but extremely busy.  I would very much appreciate the
opportunity to discuss career paths and ideas along
with membership and special events issues.

Recently, I joined a slew of the Charity Channel
Forums, have answered a few questions, but have not
really posted any of my own.

As for professional organizations, I am in AAM, The
Museum Council of Philadelphia, and just joined NSFRE
or now the Association of Fundraising Professionals
(AFP).

I graduated from Kent State with a BA in Art History
and a BA in Anthropology.

I now live in southeastern PA and work near
Philadelphia. Presently, I work for a wonderful
organization and am very happy with my job.  I just
would like to be able to do it better :)

My main focus is membership development, recruitment,
and renewal but I would like to learn more about grant
writing and alumni relations.  It is fortunate that,
with development, there seem to be many opportunities,
but I would welcome a mentor to help guide my career
path and decisions.  The unlimited direction for
growth can be a bit overwhelming at times.

I am also looking for training opportunities, of which
there are surprisingly many in my area, but I
just have to be able to leave work at a reasonable
hour to attend.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: