Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Edward Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:40:49 -0500
Our museum will be renovated in the next two or three years. To get right to the point, we wonder whether it would be foolish to
plan for an electric kiln in the basement beneath the ground floor galleries. At first glance, it seems like a bad, if not idiotic, idea.
A kiln would allow us to expand our education programs, but would it be at the risk of incinerating everything else along the way?

 Because we are a university art museum, there have been several kilns in that space since 1966--it is currently the university
sculpture studio. With the renovation, however, the studio arts will move to another building and the museum will takeover the
existing studio spaces. The building is stone and the kiln room is isolated, properly vented, and wired, but the room is located
beneath gallery space. I would appreciate any opinions anyone would like to express.

Sincerely,

Edward Barr
Asst. to the Director
Mulvane Art Museum