From:
Katherine Bolinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:17:00 -0600
I am working on a paper for an ethics class and wanted to write about the
issue Lynne Ranieri brought up to the list about the WTC flag that was to be
retired by the American Legion.

I am having trouble finding primary sources of the story can anyone point me
in the right direction? I'm guessing there were several stories in different
papers. Also does anyone know who has the flag now?

According to The Associated Press State & Local Wire "The rest of the badly
damaged flag will be returned to unidentified person who gave it to the
veterans, said Joe Clarizio, commander of American Legion Post 433."

Has this artifact disappeared?

Even though the archives of the listserv are publicly accessible and so in a
way public domain. As my deadline approaches and I find the right messages I
will be emailing the posters asking permission to quote them (you've been
warned). I don't want to quote anyone without asking permission (journalism
training or good manners -- you decide).

The story of the flag found in Oklahoma contributed by Richard Fields is
perfect for the discussion of precedence so I will ask Mr. Fields now, May I
quote you?

Thank you all for a wonderful discussion on this topic.

Katie Bolinger
Exhibition development and design MA student