From:
Lori Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2001 15:19:17 -0500
Dear Margaret:

It may interest you that, in addition to the "School for Scanning," NEDCC is
planning another major digitization conference -- this one tailored
specifically for museum professionals.

Funded by IMLS, the new event is titled "Off the Wall and Online."  It will
be held at the Museum of Our National Heritage (Lexington, MA) on May 30-31,
2002.

Session topics will include Museums, Technology, and Democracy, the Day One
keynote address by Marc J. Pachter of the National Portrait Gallery;
Rethinking the Mission of Museums; Cooperating to Build Virtual Collections;
Attracting Visitors to Your Website; Reaching Out to Diverse Communities,
the Day Two keynote address by Beverly Sheppard of the Institute of Museum
and Library Services; Building Bridges to Multi-Cultural Audiences; Museums
and E-Commerce; and others.

Full details, including registration information, will be available soon on
the NEDCC
Website at www.nedcc.org.

Lori Foley
Field Service Representative