From:
Noreen Glasgow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 22:07:34 +0100
 --- Jim Lyons <[log in to unmask]> wrote: >
Paula,
   I agree with Jim Lyons.  I was volunteering at the
AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) making my presence known
there after I completed my Masters in Art history this
year.  Now I am currently working at the Peel Heritage
Complex (a museum, gallery and archives building)
where I am cataloguing, researching, teaching art
classes and working on exhibits...it was full-time in
the summer but now I am working part-time.  It's a
start, but because I know the curator and the program
assistant they have recommended me for a full-time
position at another museum.  So who you know, and
putting in volunteer time really gets your foot in the
door.  Get involved!:)
Noreen