From:
Gary Acord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:15:54 -0500
you also need to bear in mind that while the FileMaker database has all your
queries and screens and reports etc.  when you export, all you get is the
data.  all queries, forms, and reports will need to be rebuilt in Access.
While i have my own opinions on which is better (Access development is my
primary source of living).  if you already have your FileMaker system built
and are happy with it then you can easily move it over to a PC.  in fact,
the FileMaker install for both operating systems is on the same CD.  I have
it running on both MAC and PC and can share the file across network.

On that note, in case your IT dept is not aware of it, there is a wonderful
product out called DAVE made by Thursby software in Arlington TX
(www.thrusby.com) that makes it incredibly easy to share files and printers
between MAC's and PC's on the same network.

if you would like to ask me some specific questions about your particular
migration issues feel free to contact me off list.

Cheers,
Gary Acord