From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:04:24 -0700
> If your fiancée wants to be employable in Boston in any capacity, she needs
> to acquire sellable skills: computer skills, accounting and business skills,
> teaching certification, fluency in foreign language, and so on.  The chances
> are very very slim that she can get her degree from Lesley and then a job in
> this limited field.  It's possible, of course, but I would be considering a
> wide array of options in the meantime.

Well I will say that we are just sort of investigating this possibility.  She has a social work
undergrad, so she may end up in that same sort of capacity.  But the key point I saw was your note
about teaching certification, etc.  We have talked about that, such as taking classes in business,
some spanish classes, and even enrolling in the teaching certification portion of the program.
Those are all good points though.

Now, the question I have is, are there folks out there running a small theater or performing arts
center?  I realize we are museum focused, but I figured I should ask.  That is the other area we
have discussed.

Anywho, thank you all for your notes.  I may contact some of you on back channel to find out more.

Thanks,
Aaron

=====
www.aaronmarcavitch.com
Webmaster, VAF (www.vernaculararchitecture.org)
Webmaster, ADM (www.americandinermuseum.org)
Webmaster, Boston Harborfest (www.bostonharborfest.com)
Grad. Student Caucus Chair, Am. Assoc of History & Computing

M.A. (Public) History, Middle TN St. Univ