From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:45:41 -0400
Please excuse the cross-posting.

One of our Australian colleagues, Lynda Kelly at the Australian Museum in
Sydney, contacted me today regarding a study she is thinking of doing in
2003. I should mention that Lynda is one of the leading practitioners Down
Under in the field of museum evaluation and visitor studies.

In :Lynda's own words,:

"This project as I conceive it at the moment will involve examining the
evaluation processes and methodologies used by organisations to measure
outcomes and impacts of programs and products designed to provide services
to Indigenous people/native peoples/first peoples in order to
develop a framework for evaluating these programs across Australia in
conjunction with Indigenous communities. A series of case studies/best
practice examples will be looked at in Canada, New Zealand and the United
States in terms of methodologies, outcomes and lessons learned,
both positive and negative.

What I am interested in knowing is do you have any examples of case studies,
best practice in the US or Canada that I could include in my
(grant) application to look at? I think Canada is particularly interesting
and relevant for Australia and am looking at eval programs not only in the
cultural area but broadly. I looked at the Canadian Eval Soc website and the
Canadian Museum Assoc. but no luck really.

Hope you can help???"

If YOU can help, please respond directly to Lynda at [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Harry

Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Consulting, training & research solutions
for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata ON K2L 1H1 Canada
(voice) +1.613.831-1068