From:
Sandra Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:40:13 -0400
Thanks for your response!  In addition to lowering light levels to prevent
light damage to objects, I'm also concerned about policies which address two
issues in particular.  One is the physical placement of lights near walls or
collection objects, which may put them at risk for burning should the light
source overheat.  The other is the addition of lights that may overload
older wiring in historic buildings - do any of you have a maximum bulb
wattage or a maximum number of lights that you allow?

These issues seem like they should be no-brainers, but we're finding that we
may have to formally address these issues with specifics (no lights within
one foot of walls, etc.).

Thanks again!
Sandra Smith