From:
Janice Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 16:22:12 -0500
I haven't seen any responses to this message yet, but here's my $.02 worth:

In many areas employers ARE interested in seeing longevity in a job, but the
museum field is a little different, particularly when you are just starting
out.  There is generally an understanding about the temporary nature of jobs
and a demonstrated determination to stay "somewhere" in the museum
profession often counts a great deal in hiring.   At least IMHO.

Janice Klein
Director
MItchell Museum of the American Indian, Kendall College