From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 22:26:44 -0400
Susan,

You must remember, too, that many museums have various titles for Collection Managment and the Registrar.  You have Curators, which could be a Curator of Collections, of art or of exhibits or education.

It also depends on the size or simply job or title/job classification the "museum" uses.  However, IMHO, a "registrar" is far different from a "curator" since the first deals mainly with tracking and bookwork, while a collection manager works more with the collection itself (as does a curator).  Too, the smaller the organization the "more hats" a position and title assumes, and a curator or collection manager could be the registrar and (oh me!!!!) even the Executive Director!

Best,

John Martinson
Curator of Collections
This Is The Place Heritage Park