From:
Satre Stuelke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:11:00 +0800
Just in case you were wondering, if you're using a Mac, you're immune (as
usual), but as has been said, NEVER open an attachment (especially labelled
'.exe') unless you're sure it's OK.

Here's some more info on this virus for those interested:

As was announced Sunday, there is a new windows virus named Sircam that was
released late last week. If you receive e-mail containing any of the lines
below, do NOT open the attachment, EVEN THOUGH YOU MAY RECOGNIZE THE SENDER.

English version

        Hi! How are you?

        I send you this file in order to have your advice
                          OR
        I hope you like the file that I sendo you
                          OR
        I hope you can help me with this file that I send
                          OR
        This is the file with the information you ask for

        See you later. Thanks

Spanish version

        Hola como estas ?

        Te mando este archivo para que me des tu punto de vista
        Espero te guste este archivo que te mando
        Espero me puedas ayudar con el archivo que te mando
        Este es el archivo con la informacion que me pediste

        Nos vemos pronto, gracias.

The virus can also spread through sharing your local disk to the network,
referred to as a network share in Windows.  If disks on your computer are
available as writable network shares, you may be at risk from other,
infected, systems.  If you are not sure whether you are sharing disks from
your system, please ask your local Windows administrator.