From:
Roz Chatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 14:26:59 -0700
Very interesting comments bu Ross Weeks regarding
our national culture and values.
It's an interesting concept to have a museum
designed as an opportunity
to examine our national values, in this case,
liberty through war.

It makes me wonder if the purpose of the
Philadelphia Museum of Liberty
was more about questioning the glories of
warfare,  perhaps to make a critical or ironic
statement
on the national obession with violence. And maybe
less about  displaying the virtues or benefits
of living life in liberty, that is freedom from
arbitrary or despotic government or
outside oppression.

I think it was Pogo who once said, "I have seen
the enemy and it is us."

Roz