From:
Susan Amirian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 19:30:41 -0400
Greetings,

As part of a practical dissertation for education, I chose to make a
collection of Native America art accessible and connected to multiple
points of view through a Web site-- a hypermedia learning environment. I
would like to ask your expert opinions of the prototype.

My goal was to create a tool that was more pedagogically useful to
educators and students than a database, and more flexible to the needs
of a user than an online exhibit. I would be very curious to know your
reactions.

This is a prototype and only about 40 pieces of art are represented.  On
some pages you will find that there is no text content yet created. The
intention is that the tool would grow with the addition of more art. At
the entry, you will find a simple 3 question survey so I can get a sense
of who is visiting. The prototype is at: http://www.museed.com

I used the art from the current Web site of the Montclair Art Museum Web
database,  which is at: http://12.6.97.14/mam/search_01a.asp

In the coming weeks, I will be posting this to several lists. Please
forgive me if you receive this request more than once. I would be very
grateful and interested in your suggestions.

Thank you.
Susan Amirian