From:
"Wiener, Wendy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:27:17 -0400
Speaking as someone who just moved into a house of a former smoker, washing
the walls with soap and water really helped.  Two years ago, when I had a
large fire in my house, the only thing that would remove stronger odors (or
long-standing odors) is professional smoke cleaner.  You can hire a
specialized cleaning company or buy professional cleaning products.  My
local fire department was very helpful.

Wendy Wiener
Curatorial Assistant
The Octagon, the museum of The American Architectural Foundation
1799 New York Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20006-5291
(202) 626-7369
(202) 879-7764 fax