From:
Satre Stuelke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:38:25 +0800
I have found that the new Polaroid SprintScan 120 Film Scanner is hands
down the best film/slide scanner I've ever seen (besides drum scanners
which are prohibitively expensive).  It can handle larger formats than 35mm
as well in case you have any of the old 6 x 4.5, 6, 7, or 9 transparencies.
Polaroid made a 35mm only as well that I've used, and they've just replaced
it with a new model that might be as good as the 120 (?). Nikon also makes
good scanners, but their support is not so great, and the images are better
from the Polaroid.  Haven't tried the Minolta ones.  Friends of mine who
have done the research more thoroughly have also chosen Polaroid (35 and
120) over all others.

Hope this helps!

Satre Stuelke
NY, NY