From:
Carrie Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:40:40 EDT
Mary Agnes:

Typically our events take place in our lobby, which also acts as a temporary gallery space.  We normally incorporate movable walls (on wheels) in the space.  We do place the moveable walls against the perimeter of the lobby area, or in front of permanent galleries( so visitors don't wander in to the exhibits with food and drink).
 We don't place works on these moveable walls if they are prone to damage.  Painting/drawings must be behind glass or plex.  As far as object cases: we don't place objects that are fragile in the lobby space.  We felt that frequent movement would result in damage, so it was best not to get ourselves in the situation.  Any cases in the lobby area are protected by movable walls.

Carrie Snow
Registrar, Richard Nixon Library and Birthplace