Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 04:05:18 -0400
This discussion is bringing back one of my earliest registrar memories.  It
was many years ago when serious discussions to make life easier for people
with special needs were just beginning.  I was asked to pull several
historical artifacts out of storage for group of students from a nearby
blind school so they could touch and experience them.  We (the students and
I) talked about each object, it's construction and its part in history.  I
explained to them how to handle artifacts and why we usually don't allow
people to touch them.  They had a lot of interesting questions, I remember.
Although I was at first hesitant it turned out to be a wonderful experience,
for me as well as the students.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Curator of Collections