From:
David Barr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:33:01 -0400
You can access a number of interactive, online board self-
evaluation tools in the learning module called 'Developing
Cultural Boards That Work' at the Cultural Management Institute
(CMI) - http://ccm.uwaterloo.ca/

The development tools include: Planning Process, Policy Process,
Board Meeting Process, and Board Membership Process. All are
free, as is the use of the rest of the learning module of which
they are a part. Also available are some sample forms: 1. TASK
DELEGATION CHECKLIST, 2. POLICY CHECKLIST, 3. SAMPLE POLICY ON
MAKING POLICIES, and 4. AREAS IN NEED OF IMPROVEMENT. Use this
URL to get the home page of the module and then click on 'Tools
and Sample Files' on the left hand side of the page:
http://ccm.uwaterloo.ca/cpdp/ilms/dcb/dcb_home1.html

The Cultural Management Institute (CMI) is a collection of free,
online training courses on various topics of interest to
managers of cultural organizations, especially museums. Topics
covered include fundraising, board management, project
management, labour relations, volunteer management, business
planning, career self-management, media relations and using
consultants. Go to http://ccm.uwaterloo.ca/ and click on CMI.