From:
Susan Amirian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 07:32:39 -0500
Brent Lyles wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for scholarly articles about how the process of learning in an
> online setting differs from the process of learning in a classroom or a
> museum environment.

Here's part II of my favorites-- sorry for the delay:

 Falk, J. H., Dierking, L. (2000). Learning from Museums, Visitor Experiences and the Making of Meaning. Walnut Creek, CA: AltaMira Press.

 Keating, A. B. H., Joseph. (1999). The Wired Professor. New York: New York University Press.

 Kommers, P., Grabbinger, S., Dunlap, J. (1996). Hypermedia Learning Environments: Instructional Design and integration. Mahwah, New jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

 Lewis, L. (1997). At Home in the Heartland Online: Forming a Museum/School Resource Via the Web. Paper presented at the Museums and the Web, Los Angeles, California.

 Melber, L. A., Linda. (1999). Beyond the Classroom: Linking with Informal Education. Science Activities, 36(1), 3-4.

 Merrill, M.D. (1992). Constructivism and Instructional Design. In Duffy, T., Jonasson, D. (Eds). Constructivism and the Technology: A Conversation. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

 Perkins. (1992). Technology Meets Constructivism. In T. J. Duyy, David (Ed.), Constructivism and the Technology of instruction . Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

 Perlin, R. R. (1998). Media, Museum, and Distance Audiences. In S. A. M. Thomas, Ann (Ed.), The Virtual and the Real: Media in the Museum (pp. 73-87). Washington, D.C.: American Association of Museums.

 Sprio, R., Feltovich, P., Jacobson, M., Coulson, R. (1992). Knowledge Representation, Content Specification, and the Development of Skill in Situation Specific Knowledge Assembly: Some Constructivist Issues as They Relate to Cognitive Flexibility Theory and Hypertext. In Duffy,
T., Jonasson, D. (Eds). Constructivism and the Technology: A Conversation. Hillsdale, New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.

 Sullivan, R. (1997). True Needs, True Partners. In E. C. Hirzy (Ed.), True Needs, True Partners . Washington, DC: Institute of Museum and Library Services.

 Teather, L. W., Kelly. (1999). Web Musing: Evaluating Museums on the Web from Learning Theory to Methodology. Paper presented at the Museums and the Web.

 Walsh, P. (1997, 1997). The Web and the Unassailable Voice. Paper presented at the Museums and the Web, Los Angeles, CA.

 WebQuest [Web site]. (2000, December 2000). San Diego, California: San Diego State University.

 White, J. (1999). Some Thought on Improving Education in Museums. In P. Bonie (Ed.), Presence of Mind, Museums and the Spirit of Learning. Washington, DC: American Association of Museums.