From:
Debbie Sprague <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 10:45:59 -0800
Hi,

I work for a small historical society.  We have had a
one room museum for the past few years and are now in
the process of moving to a three story building which
will open in May.

Our visitors have inspired us to take the leap to this
larger space.  I believe genuine artifacts, wonderful
stories, determination and passion of staff and
volunteers can engage the public with less expensive
exhibits.  Feedback from our visitors reinforces this
belief.

It would certainly be wonderful to have more money but
I know our creative exhibits are appreciated by our
visitors.

I say leave the guilt behind.  It takes too much of
the energy you need for a million other things!

Debbie Sprague
North Adams Historical Society and Museum of History
and Science
North Adams, Massachusetts
http://www.northadams.com/history

--- schwenkfelder library & heritage center