From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 07:21:31 -0700
Jenny -
We have a direct system.  The person at the desk marks down how many come in
over what hour.

In your case, perhaps you would want to do a test of your new system by
using a manual system in conjunction with it for a period of time.  The
manual system could count everyone that came in, and try to record people
who came in more than once, too.  You may find that the people who get
counted twice balance out the people who get lost in a group.  On the other
hand, you may find that you need another means of tallying groups or you may
be able to establish an accurate percentage of error to incorporate in your
statistics.
Personally, I wish the bean counters would develop another interest.  I'm
sure all of us would like to use the time we spend refining statistics for
more mission driven activities.  However, I have heard no news of such a
change in the works!