From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 10:46:55 -0700
It's why I like to think about it as a courtship
ritual.  You're thinking about spending at least 8
WAKING hours of your day with this person.  Is this
someone you REALLY want to be with?

Also, learn from my mistake.  Somewhere around your
navel, there's another brain.  It's called your gut
instinct.  Whatever you do, do NOT ignore it.
Listen to what it is telling you.

If your gut instinct tells you don't take this job,
don't be lured by money, prestige, or ego.  Run like
hell.

I didn't listen to mine once and it was a very
painful experience.

> --- Colin Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> > I have found that it helps my mindset if I go into
> > an interview with the
> > attitude that it is not just them interviewing me,
> > but that I am
> > interviewing them as well. I want to know the
> state
> > of their staff morale,
> > the stability of their finances, long range plans,
> > quality of building(s)
> > etc. Would you buy a used car (which like a job
> has
> > no warranty) without
> > looking under the hood or test driving it, and
> > ideally having a mechanic
> > look at it? I find that this attitude helps put
> the
> > applicant on a more even
> > footing, though at the interview you are still
> > outnumbered, usually 3:1.
> >
> > Colin Macgregor Stevens
> > Curator
> > Burnaby Village Museum
> > City of Burnaby, British Columbia, CANADA
> > E-mail: [log in to unmask]
> > Museum web site:

http://www.burnabyparksrec.org/villagemuseum/villagemuseum.html

=====